- To ensure that students contribute distinctly to existing knowledge base of ‘Management’ and related fields.
- A wide range of students in Pakistan wish to pursue PhD in the field of ‘Management’.
- Internationally, there is an extreme need of students (both in academia and industry) with doctoral degrees in the field of ‘Management’.
- 18 year equivalent degree in business or relevant discipline duly recognized by HEC.
- Minimum 3.0 CGPA or equivalent.
- Students with non-research based prior degrees cannot apply for PhD program.
- Clearance of admission test conducted by FUI.
Note: Applicants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned above to be considered for admission to the program, however, meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission.
- Minimum: 3 years (6 semesters other than summer semester)
- Maximum: 9 years
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management
- Knowledge Management
- Technology Management
- Operations Management
Note: Specializations in PhD program are completely dependent on the thesis (research work) and course work. The supervisor and the BOF decides the student’s Area of Specialization from the above-mentioned areas.
Note: Students will undergo 4 to 8 Elective Courses depending on their degree course work requirements decided by their supervisor. The supervisor may even suggest the student to take more courses after approval of the Dean. Only the courses offered in every semester can be taken.
In addition to the requirements of the university students must cater to the following important rules for completion of their PhD degree:
- Students with incomplete course work cannot register for research thesis and neither can they opt for research proposal defense.
- At max, student can appear two times for the Qualifying Exam (DQE), PhD Proposal Defense, Final Defense.
- Student must follow the DQE guidelines provided separately.
- All PhD students must maintain a CGPA of 3.5 throughout their PhD degree. It is important to note that students cannot register for research hours if their CGPA in their course work is < 3.5.